Monday, April 29, 2013

End of an Era

{barefoot and pregnant #3}


So as of this week, my uterus has officially shut up shop.

I was excited leading up to it, with my mind focused on the clinical learning I could take back to my nursing practice. It would be good for me to feel what my patients feel I assured myself.

I was excited about the prospects of never having to worry about contraception. Ever. Again.  

No more sleepless nights, no more birth stories, no more pregnancy snoring.

No. More.

I thought I would have the champagne already chilled, ready to crack open when I got home from the hospital,
But the nausea and pain sure put an end to that idea.
Instead opting for an early night that proceeded to be the worst  interrupted sleep ever.

I thought I would be ready for all the baby gear to be packaged up ready to be on sold or given away 
Yet I feel I am not ready.

It is an end of an era.
I don’t do end of era’s well. 
First days,  I can do without tears. The adrenalin and excitement keep me under control.

End of Eras... not so much.  
They make me sad, 
and sometimes a little mad.

So I may just take some time to reassure myself that I have indeed done the right thing for me and my family.
That while I will miss that sweet smell of a milk feed new born, it’s not in the plan for us.
And I’m okay with that.
Okay maybe I’m not okay with it today
but I will be.... in a little while. 

9 comments:

Miriam said...

xxx thinking of you xxx

Stella said...

<3 to you xx

Gail said...

I have been wondering how you have been feeling and going - big hugs and love from here.
End of eras are always hard whether ready for them or not!

Curious Runner said...

Awww Jacks!! I bet this would be a hard thing! You have such a beautiful family and an exciting future ahead with them all. Much love to you xx

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

Funny timing your post and mine being on the same day. Can imagine there would be such a feeling of finality about your decision. Guess that's why I'm not yet ready to say either way for definite just yet. Prayers that your recovery is all on track now xx

Clare Hubbard said...

((hugs)) for you Jackie. Love and prayers.

Tall Pipi said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better physically and praying for continued healing mentally aswell. It's a big step - you go girl!

TracyP said...

xxxxxx

Katie said...

Sending belated hugs your way :-)