Thursday, February 9, 2012

life as of today.

 
Guess what? Three days to go until I do another (very) mini triwoman. If you are in the Northshore this Sunday...I could do with some water bombing! I have no where near put in the training that I had hoped, but since I have already done one, I know I'll survive it. My SIL is coming over from Oz just to do it with me! Isn't she RAD. And I have managed to coerce encourage another friend to do it too. It will be her first so I'm really looking forward to it!

Gotta love new born cuddles!
I'm an Aunty. My little brother and his wife had their first baby, a little boy. She was such a trooper. It was a long few days of contractions and labour that ended in a cesarean. But she is doing amazingly. I'm super proud of her.
You forget how delicious newborns are!

The kids have started back at school. Hallelujah. That's all I have to say about that... As I write I have a massive grin on my face.

I've been watching Greys Anatomy repeats on Sky. Episodes have started right from the beginning. Its my current guilty pleasure. I miss George and Izzy. Just saying.
Image from here
And "The Help" finally comes out on DVD this week...which means I can finally watch it. After ya'll went on about it. And before you ask...no I haven't read the book...the Movie is always better then the book isn't it? Oh, the other way around...hmm I will take your word for it.  It takes 1-2 hours to watch the movie...reading the book...2weeks to a year. Ive done the math ;)

I left my keys in my car the other day and it made my battery go flat. Who knew that could happen. I rang up one of my besties and she brought her car around to help my jump start it. I'm not sure what we were doing wrong but it just wasn't working. A gentleman driving past offered us some assistance...he literally just jiggled the handles and I started her up and she worked!  We felt silly and I'm sure he walked off feeling rather chivalrous. I'm glad we could make his day. 

I'm touched that everyone wants to have coffee with me (from my last post). I like to be liked. ♥
I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone I have neglected lately!


3 comments:

Neetz said...

You my love, will ALWAYS be liked...coffee machine or no coffee machine...... ;) xx

Widge said...

Yeah I'm the same as you about the movie vs book thing :)
AND have been stalking the video shop for The Help, almost got it out yesterday but decided last second to get a real dumb fizzer (something about dandelion dust) (very budget do not recommend)..

All the best for your crazy run thing (can't imagine why anyone does those for fun !! ;)
Xoxo

Rachel Kate said...

Isn't it annoying when that happens? But stoked you could make his day :) All the best for the run... xo