Friday, November 25, 2011

♥Things Im lovin♥


 ♥ Things I'm loving ♥

Loving looking out my kitchen to this rose bush. Most of my gardens are either weeds or green shrubs...so when this baby blooms every spring I always think I must get some more rose bushes. Such a pretty colour too.


Loving watching the kids get ready for their gymnastics show. This is the one after school thing we do. Its been great watching the kids develop their motor skills and learn some new things.



Loving celebrating 10 years since graduation with a couple of my lovely class mates. Everyone has pretty much scattered the country and globe so it was a bit hard to do a real class reunion.
Thankfully after all these years none of us have changed too much.


Enjoying a champagne breakfast the morning of our graduation 10 years ago!
Loving this cute shot. Hubby did a skit as part of a speaking engagement at a conference using these props dressed as a crazy doctor. Apparently he had the delegates in fits of laughter. That's my hubby.A funny guy.


 ♥ Loving new words. Remember how I was telling you about Zak zak and his ear piercing screaming. I thought it was probably due to the fact he can't communicate his desires.Well he's finally learned a word; "Noooo". He says it in such a cute tone, that it makes me laugh all the time. I'm sure I'll get sick of "nooo", but for now its a nice change to the screeching.

Loving the movie "Soul Surfer", out on DVD. When I first judged it by its cover saw it, I thought- here we go another cheesy surf movie. After investigating a bit further I found out it was about the chick Bethany Hamilton who was on the road to becoming a pro surfer when a shark bit off her arm. Even Hubby enjoyed this one. Bethany is a Christian and a bit of this comes through, but I wouldn't class this as your typical cheesy Christian film. It has the likes of Helen Hunt, Denis Quaid and AnnaSophia Robb (from Charlie and chocolate factory and Bridge to Tarabithia), so some great acting. The surf scenes are awesome. Apparently Bethany and her family had a lot to do with making sure the surf shots looked as authentic as possible.  And the digital effects were super great too.
Show this movie to your daughters!! A great message and inspiring story.


And that's My lovin List for the week.
Linking in with the fabulous PJ


I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something that you can be thankful for... no matter how simple it is. 


4 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Love your post! So wish I could have seen Les do the skit... and man that rose bush is amazing!! I remember when Bethany had her arm bitten off - amazing girl and there are heaps of cool Christian devos that she's written just for girls too.

Amy said...

Love your rose bush! It is awesome.

We now have no flowers in our garden at the momemt because my kids picked them all and 'posted' them in our letter box... Hopefully some more starte sprotting soon.

Cat said...

LOVE your rose bush - I simply can not keep rose bushes alive for some reason

Rachel Kate said...

Love your list!! ANd yup your hubby is definitely funny :) love the pic of Zac zac xo