Monday, January 24, 2011

Because sometimes peanut butter sandwiches just don't cut it



Master 4 is my little cafe buddy. His classic line is "can I try some of yours" And I'll say "you won't like it!". "Mumma I will!".
I love this about him...usually! Sometimes I just want to eat my delicious morsels in peace..but he is always willing to try new things. When faced with the decision McDonald's or Sushi its actually a difficult choice! In complete contrast Miss 7 who likes to stick to the tried and true.
So today I made him something a little special, tomato and rocket pesto (bought stuff) with smoked salmon on heart shaped crostini. Just because sometimes peanut butter sandwiches get a little bit old. And because I love the little fella.

Do your kids have daring taste buds?

6 comments:

lesmondj said...

Our family does eat very well thanks to our amazing wife and Mum of three - Jacksta B!

Widge said...

yum!!

and no my kids are terrible at trying anything new. grr

Gail said...

I have one who is adventurous and loves everything and one who is made of potato and chicken.

I love eating in peace too but is hard to do in the holidays! No worries though, as long as I get food! Haha

Mrs M said...

Yum! Yep all of mine eat what my mum calls 'queer food' hehe.....

Sima J said...

My Master 7 doesn't like anything new and is fussy even about 'nice' food e.g. he won't even eat certain lollies and hates fizzy drink (this is a good thing!) My Master 2 has not followed in his footsteps :-)though M7 eats veges and not fruit, M2 eats fruit and not veges. Go figure!

Jenny said...

Aww what a nice idea! I would love to meet up with you all!! :o)

Yes we are planning to come up for a few days, have lots of people to visit and catch up with so unless Abbey doesn't do well in the car (she is not used to the windy roads in NZ!) we will be up at some point. We will be in NZ from the beginning of March to near the end of April... will let you know once I have a better idea when we'll be in town. Thanks for thinking of me :o)