Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Baking.

Well I picked the most stinking hot day to spend baking in the kitchen. Yesterday got up to 30 degrees, with very little breeze. But when you've finally got your baking mojo on, you just gotta roll with it...am I right?!

The Hubsta took the kids out for the afternoon while I got on with the job. I wanted to make little plates of baking to go to my nearest and dearest for Christmas. I also made a Cranberry Cheesecake for Christmas lunch. I sure was stuffed by the end of the day.
Clockwise from the top left.
  • I was inspired by Delissimons christmas cookies. She's a real baking whiz. I love the pohutakawa design. It says Merry NZ Christmas. The Cookies are a Spicy butter biscuit.
  • Red Velvet chocolate brownies (Recipe here)
  • White Tim Tam Truffles inspired by Mrs Cake (Recipe Here)
  • I also made a batch of Russian Fudge something I haven't done since 4th form! (recipe here) I love fudge and am very fussy about how it tastes and so I'm pretty darn proud these turned out perfect.

Later on today comes the fun part. Surprise drop offs with the kids.

If I don't see ya (or read ya ;) ) for a while. Have an awesome Christmas and I look forward to reading the blogs of what we've all be up to these holidays.

9 comments:

lesmondj said...

Well done my love. Simply delicious! Any left??

Lyns said...

Yum!!! Merry Christmas xx

Gail said...

Those cookies are AWESOME!
It is too hot to bake, but it's a must-do!!

PaisleyJade said...

Drooling! These look amazing - thanks for sharing the recipes!!!

Anonymous said...

Go you! So impressive... I am missing the heat of summer too!

Leonie said...

oooo! yum.. they look so good. I cant believe how hot you guys got it yesterday, I was reading you had 96% humidity!! the intense heat and humidity is why Im leaving Brissy and coming back to northland!!! haha...

Kendyl's Place said...

Wow! Super-Lady!

Sima J said...

Wowsers go you!! Lucky friends :-) It was definitely too hot for baking - I made some scones and it warmed up the house WAY too much!

Widge said...

Loving those cookies! cool!
and yeah I'm a bit of a fudge connoisseur myself Gail up there makes THE MOST DELICIOUS fudge in the world. yip I know cos she couriered me some last year!! AMAZING melt in the mouth stuff